Yaesu FT3D Quick Reference
This is a quick reference for common tasks involving the Yaesu FT3D HT. Topics include entry of repeater frequencies, offset and CTCSS tones, deleting memory frequencies and memory banks. Other common programing options will also be covered.
Repeater Entry & Memory Write
- Select VFO on the V/M button on the front panel
- Enter the desired frequency on the touch screen
- The repeater offset should be done automatically. If it is not then hold the DISP button down until the menu is displayed. Select CONFIG. Select RPT Shift to select offset.
- Repeater Tone. Press and hold DISP button on the front of the radio. Select SIGNALING on the menu. Select TONE SQL FREQ on the next menu and then rotate the dial to select the appropriate PL. TN 123 or what ever you put in should appear on the right upper display once you return to the main frequency screen.
- Set the desired power level by selecting FMW on the touch screen and TXPWR on the next.
- Toggle through MODE on the touch screen to highlight AUTO in white to allow for digital and analog reception.
- Write to Memory channel. Press and hold the FMW option on the touch screen. You will see a blinking memory location in the left upper corner. Rotate the dial until your desired memory location is selected. Press M.WRITE. Enter in the memory name. Then press PTT or V/M to save.
Deleting Memory Channel
- Press and hold FMW
- Press the 6 squares in the right lower corner
- Rotate dial until the memory you wish to delete is selected
- Press M.DEL
- To undo the delete press M.REV
- If M.DEL does not work make sure memory is not protected by long pressing DISP button and then MEMORY and then MEMORY PROTECT
Listening on the Input Repeater Frequency
Press FMW then press REV on the menu.
- Create a memory bank by pressing and holding the DISP button. Select MEMORY then BANK NAME. Select the bank that you want to edit. Rename the bank. Press PTT to save changes
- Adding a channel to a memory bank: Rotate the dial to the desired memory bank. Toch and hold FMW. The memory channel will blink. Rotate the dial to select the desired memory bank. These will be below the bottom of the memory channels. Touch M.WRITE. To remove a channel from a memory bank select the channel and toch and hold FMW. Rotate the dial to select the memory bank. Touch the 6 square icon and touch M.DEL
- Selecting a memory bank: In memory channel mode touch FMW then BANK. If BANK is not displayed touch MR then back to FMW and touch BANK. Press the BAND button and rotate the dial to select the memory bank you desire. Click the BAND button again to confirm your selected band.
Programmable Memory Scan
- Allows you to scan between to frequencies lower L1 to upper U1. Scanning pairs are available up to L50 U50.
- Go to VFO set the L1 frequency and save to L1.
- Go to VFO and set the U1 frequency and save to U1
- A good 2 meter freq range is 144.40 to 148.00 to skip APRS signals
- Enter Memory mode and select the L1 or other L memory location to start scan. Press FMW then SCAN
The button to toggle between volume adjustment and squlch is the second one from the bottom on the left side of the radio. Press this until squelch is selected and rotate the the base know on the top right of the radio to adjust levels.
- Receive: Set this to Auto for best options. To do this select MODE on the lower right corner of the touch screen until the central AUTO is highlighted in white. This will allow for automatic detection of digital v analog signals. You should see DN in red with a line over it on the right side.
- Transmit: Touch AUTO on the lower display until the desired transmit mode is selected. AUTO will transmit in the same mode that is received. TXDN will always transmit in digital. TXFM will always transmit in FM.
Using the touch screen press the FMW button on the lower left corner. Then select TXPWR.